With over 20,000 applications annually for only 6,000 UK medical school places, applying to medical school is more competitive than ever. Everyone knows about the first class grades required but there's so many different elements to a successful application and who better to tell you how to succeed than expert UK doctors who sit on medical school interview panels. Our doctors know all the key attributes a successful candidate needs to have and will show you how to impress at each stage of the application process from making your personal statement stand out to sailing through the interview, we've got you covered.
Our one day courses take place in London and are designed for students in years 10-13 to get a real understanding of what a successful med school applicant looks like.
What's the dates?
Wednesday 25th July 2018 - Imperial College, London
Wednesday 24th October 2018 - The Medical Society of London
What's the Price?
All courses are £195 for the full day including lunch and refreshments.
Our one day course comprises a morning session covering all aspects of the personal statement and how to prepare for medical school, and an afternoon session teaching you how to be successful at the interview. It includes the following topics:
- How to choose a medical school
- What medical schools are looking for in candidates
- How to make the best preparation for your application
- How to write a personal statement that stands out from the crowd
- Types of interview and typical questions
- Recommended background knowledge, including a session on the principles of medical ethics (a common topic in interviews)
- Approaches to answering difficult or unexpected questions
- What the interviewers are really looking for
- Demonstrations of good and bad interview techniques through role play
How do I sign up?
It's quick and easy on our application page, simply select the dates of when you want to attend.